A high percentage of Race-Keeper users are guests of the many driving experiences and events that utilise our video and data capture solutions to provide mementos and memories that will last a lifetime and can be shared with friends and family. Some guests can encounter issues when attempting to access their video and data so this section of our website has been designed to offer assistance with this. If you have attended a driving experience day at a location that provides video captured by Race-Keeper equipment and are having issues accessing the files on your USB, the information below should offer some assistance.
- PC (Microsoft Windows) – Race-Keeper Instant Video Player has been designed for use on PC’s running Windows. It will play on any version of Windows from XP onwards. If you have inserted your USB into a PC running windows and double-clicked on the file titled “CLICK HERE TO PLAY VIDEO.bat” but the video player either has not opened or the contents of the player do not play correctly, please proceed to the next section of this guide titled “Contents of USB”.
- MAC (Apple OS) – The standard version of Race-Keeper Instant Video Player supplied by most driving experience operators does not support playback on MAC. Instead you can download a MAC compatible player here – https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d161hwcg02oovus/AAAthZery_fzvc1gTfWcYZoya?dl=0.
- TV and Other Media Devices – Race-Keeper Instant Video Player does not natively support playback on TV, Tablets or any form of basic media player. This is because the USB contains its own media player software that is required to playback all cameras synchronised with graphical data. Please attempt to playback your video on a computer. If you do not own a computer, please contact Race-Keeper and we will create an exported video file that will be playable on a TV and Other Media Devices.
Contents of USB
Below is an example of how the folder structure of your USB should look.
The items of note are:
- Any folder whose title consists of numbers only will contain your video & data files. If you wish to playback your video outside of the Race-Keeper Instant Video Player software, you will find the video files in these folders.
- The folder titled “Race-Keeper Instant Video” contains all of the media player graphics and program files.
- The file titled “CLICK HERE TO PLAY VIDEO.bat” is what you will need to double-click in order to launch the media player.
If you see the error message “Windows cannot find “.\Race-Keeper Instant Video\Race-Keeper Instant Video.exe’ Make sure you typed the name correctly then try again.” this means that your anti-virus has deleted an important file from the USB.
Some anti-virus programs delete the Race-Keeper Instant Video Player execution file if they believe it poses a risk to the health of the computer. Without this file Race-Keeper Instant Video Player cannot run.
In this circumstances, please contact Race-Keeper for a replacement copy of “Race-Keeper Instant Video.exe” and place it within the “Race-Keeper Instant Video” folder.
Playback Stops Prematurely
There are two possible causes if the video ends prematurely (recording finishes before the car returns to the pits).
1) Unfortunately, on very rare occasions a USB key may become disconnected from the video system when the car is out on track. The system cannot record to the USB key if it has become disconnected.
2) The USB key may have a bad sector. We do our very best to ensure all USB keys as individually tested before they are used with the video system but, again on rare occasions a bad USB key may pass our testing and make it out onto track where it subsequently fails to record the whole event.
I Cannot Access All Videos
If you believe that the Race-Keeper Instant Video Player is not showing you all of your ontrack action, this might be because the software is only designed to display three outings in total. You would need to speak with Race-Keeper to discuss your options.
Video Has No Sound
If your recording does not appear to have any sound, we would recommend playing the video.avi file in another media player to check whether this is a recording issue or a playback issue. The media player recommended by Race-Keeper is VLC. This is free software and can be downloaded here – http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.en_GB.html
It’s Not You in the Video
If you have been provided a USB that contains the footage of another guest, please contact the driving experience operator direct to arrange the return of this USB. They should be able to contact the other guest and resolve the situation.
If the information above has not helped to resolve your issue, please contact the Race-Keeper Technical Support Team by emailing email@example.com